- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper and reality TV star Nelly is facing felony drug charges after being arrested in Tennessee on Saturday.
Tennessee Highway Patrol said in a news release that Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Haynes, was pulled over at about 9:20 a.m. because the bus he was riding in failed to display a U.S. Department of Transportation and International Fuel Tax Association sticker.
According to the release, troopers smelled marijuana when they reached the bus.
When troopers searched the bus, they found five rocks that tested positive for meth, as well as a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Troopers also said they found numerous handguns.
The St. Louis native is facing charges of felony possession of drugs, simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Nelly, 40, was taken to the Putnam County Jail.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day