- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A woman has sued the rapper Nelly, claiming he sexually assaulted her on his tour bus and later damaged her reputation by refuting her account.
The Seattle Times reported Wednesday that Monique Greene’s lawsuit against Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Haynes Jr., seeks unspecified damages.
The rapper was arrested on his tour bus in a suburban Seattle Walmart parking lot in October. Prosecutors said last week they weren’t charging him because the woman wasn’t cooperating with the case.
Nelly’s attorney says the lawsuit is financially motivated and a countersuit is planned.
Greene’s lawyer, Karen Koehler, said her client only sued after the rapper publicly contended last week that Greene fabricated her story.
The Associated Press generally doesn’t name people who say they’re victims of sex crimes, but Koehler said Greene agreed to be publicly identified.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day