- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Country superstar Reba McEntire and her husband and manager, Narvel Blackstock, announced they are separating after 26 years of marriage.
The two said in a joint statement Monday that they had been separated for the past several months.
“Despite this being the end of their marriage, they continue to support each other,” read the statement from Big Machine Label Group. “They have worked together for 35 years and will continue to do so. They have asked that you respect their privacy during this time.”
A representative for Big Machine declined to say whether the couple had filed for divorce.
The Grammy-winning multiplatinum artist’s career has spanned across music, television, film and theater, and she remains one of country music’s most popular artists, with No. 1 records in each of the last four decades. The Oklahoma native was the star of the popular Reba television show for six seasons and has appeared in several films.
Her latest album, Love Somebody, was released in April and debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.
Blackstock runs a management company that represents McEntire, Blake Shelton and Kelly Clarkson.
The couple has one son together, race-car driver Shelby. Blackstock has three other children from a previous marriage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day