- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rebecca Black is releasing a new single, her first since “Friday” became a viral video sensation.
“My Moment” will debut on Black’s Youtube channel starting at 8:00 p.m. on July 18 as well as the singer’s official website, RebeccaBlackOnline.com. The following day, the song will be available for purchase on iTunes and other online retailers.
Written by Brandon “Blue” Hamilton, whose credits included a track on Justin Bieber’s Never Say Never: The Remixes, and Quinton Tolbert and produced by Charlton Pettus (Tears for Fears, Hilary Duff), its accompanying video features footage of Black receiving an award at her junior high school and attending red carpet premieres to “tell the story of her sudden rise to fame,” according to a statement. “It’s a fairytale story, but it happened in real life.”
Black is also putting the finishing touches on a five-track EP, which she will self-release in August, foregoing the traditional route of signing with a label.
It caps off a tremendous year for the 14-year-old, who most recently scored a co-starring role in Katy Perry’s “Last Friday Night” music video. Black’s video for “Friday” surpassed Bieber’s “Baby” to become the most played Youtube clip of all time, with 167 million views and counting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day