- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Neil Portnow, president of the Recording Academy, will be named Music Visionary of the Year at the UJA-Federation luncheon on June 25 at The Pierre in Manhattan.
The Music Visionary award luncheon is held by the Entertainment, Media & Communication Division of the UJA-Federation each year to honor a music business professional who has demonstrated leadership and philanthropy not only at work, but also in the community. Previous honorees include Julie Greenwald, Craig Kallman, Barry Weiss, Clive Davis, Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, Edgar Bronfman Jr., L.A. Reid, Daniel Glass and Fred Davis.
The event will feature performances and proceeds from the luncheon will benefit the UJA-Federation’s annual campaign, which includes the Music for Youth initiative that supports programs and scholarships for music education in schools in New York and around the world.
Having functioned as a leader in a variety of roles prior to becoming president of the Recording Academy in December 2002, Portnow was promoted to president/CEO in September 2007 and is also president/CEO of MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day