- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis was sent to an area hospital hours before a headlining slot at KROQ’s annual Weenie Roast on May 14. Flea made the announcement from the stage at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre and apologized on behalf of the band, telling the crowd at the 16,000-capacity venue that they were “devastated.”
According to a representative for the Los Angeles radio station, Kiedis was taken from the venue in an ambulance after suffering from extreme stomach pain. The exact nature of the problem is unknown at this time.
Weezer ended up closing the show, which was held in Irvine, Calif.
Other bands on the bill included Panic! at the Disco, Empire of the Sun, Garbage, The Lumineers, Fitz and the Tantrums and Miike Snow.
Billboard has reached out to reps for the Chili Peppers for comment.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day