- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Celine Dion’s husband René Angelil will have his funeral at Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal, where he and Dion were married 21 years ago.
In a tribute posted Friday on Dion’s Facebook page, the cathedral is said to be where “he chose to marry the one who will remain as the great love of his life, the artist for which he had the most respect, the woman who gave him light and happiness until his very last breath.”
Angelil, who discovered the singer when she was 12 and went on to manage her career, died Jan. 14, the eve of his 74th birthday, at his Las Vegas home after a long battle with throat cancer. The pair were married in December 1994.
“He will be remembered as a gentle man, generous and kind, an unprecedented visionary, a modern Pygmalion, a Renaissance man,” the tribute post read, as well as detailing the funeral arrangements.
Also on Friday, Dion’s rep told the AP that the singer’s brother, Daniel, also has cancer and doesn’t have long to live.
A wake for Angelil, which will be open to the public, will be held Jan. 21, and a celebration of his life will be held Feb. 3 in Las Vegas at the Caesars Palace Colosseum.
The couple have three sons, Rene-Charles and 5-year-old twins Eddy and Nelson.
Read the full post below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day