- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sambora took to his Twitter account Friday to assure fans that he is doing fine but still dealing with “private” issues.
“Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I’m doing f—ing great,” he tweeted. “This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!”
Sambora dropped out of the band’s North American tour due to “personal reasons” and, although rumors pointed to a monetary dispute as the core problem, singer Jon Bon Jovi insists that the New Jersey born axman is still a part of the band.
“All I can say honest to God is that it’s a personal matter, but we love him very much,” Bon Jovi said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in April. “He’s absolutely still a member of the band.”
There is a silver lining for Bon Jovi fans. Matthew Bongiovi, brother of the lead singer, has been tweeting encouraging messages about the situation and even made a prediction when a fan asked if Sambora will be on hand for the Rock in Rio show in September.
“I feel Richie will be back this summer at some point,” wrote Bongiovi.
Bon Jovi is set to return to the U.S. in July, where huge homecoming shows at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium are scheduled for July 24 and 25.
Bon Jovi’s latest album, What About Now, debuted No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in March.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day