- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rick Ross was hospitalized early Thursday morning after police and emergency teams were called to the scene after he was “found unresponsive” in his Florida home. The report also states that the rapper’s distress and heavy breathing could be pneumonia-related.
The Davie Police Department confirmed the medical crisis to Billboard on Friday.
Ross has had a long history of suffering from seizures in the past, which he credited to a lack of sleep. The dispatch record obtained by Billboard says the 911 caller noticed the MMG boss was “slobbing from the mouth” and “nodding his head” after several attempts were made to wake the 42-year-old up. Local police were alerted to the situation when Ross became “combative” with medics.
Police stated they got involved when “Fire Rescue 65 [requested police] to step it up, which means need to come faster in reference to a combative patient.” Sgt. Leone, head of media and public relations, said, “Police officers arrived at 3:43 a.m. and cleared at 3:47 a.m. I can speculate that we didn’t get involved. We didn’t write a report on it.”
The news was originally reported by TMZ.
Billboard has reached out to Rick Ross’ reps for comment.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day