- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first season of the show on the Nine network became the country’s top-rated TV show. Martin replaces Keith Urban who left the show to take on his new role on American Idol.
Martin will join the Australian version of The Voice alongside coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem for the 2013 season.
The Latino star, known for such hits as “Livin’ la Vida Loca,” has sold more than 60 million albums globally.
Some fans immediately congratulated Martin via Twitter. “Sending some mad love to everyone in #Australia!” he tweeted in response. “Cant wait to go back! Peace!”
“Ricky Martin is one of the world’s biggest stars,” said Nine’s director of television, Michael Healy. “He brings huge experience to our panel of coaches, which he’ll pass on to our Australian Voice artists in 2013. Most of all, we think he’s the perfect addition.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day