- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“There is truly nothing I’m more proud of,” says Rihanna of the Diamond Ball, a fundraiser benefiting her Clara Lionel Foundation, which will take place on Dec. 11 at The Vineyard in Beverly Hills and feature a performance by the singer accompanied by a live orchestra.
Founded by Rihanna in 2012 in honor of her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite, the CLF works to aid quality of life for communities in need. It focuses on the areas of health, education, arts and culture. Among its initiatives: the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, which has grown from a generous gift to a comprehensive program treating cancer patients in Barbados — with a projected cost of $2.4 million.
The Diamond Ball, says Rihanna in announcing the event, is “a night that promises to be elegant and inspirational.”
Additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day