- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ringo Starr and Skechers announced a new partnership Monday that will have the former Beatles drummer appearing in the footwear company’s global marketing campaign for its Relaxed Fit line, starting in spring 2015.
Starr will appear in comedic new television spots that will be part of a campaign that has previously included sports celebrities Joe Montana, Mark Cuban, Joe Namath and Pete Rose, with content spanning media realms to print, outdoor, online and point-of-sale materials through June 2016.
“We are incredibly excited to be working with such an amazing world-renowned artist as Ringo Starr,” Skechers president Michael Greenberg said in a statement. “Ringo possesses the charm, cool charisma and instant global recognition that will elevate awareness for our popular Relaxed Fit footwear collection both in the United States and especially around the world. And his recent modeling gig with a high-end designer shows Ringo is not only a music icon, but also a style icon. As we move from the sports world to the music world with this campaign, Ringo is the perfect ambassador to illustrate how our comfortable footwear helps keep you relaxed in any situation.”
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day