- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New dad, rapper, and music producer Jay-Z introduced his record company’s new artist, Rita Ora, and her first official single, “Party and Bullshit,” in a surprise visit to New York radio station, Z100.
“This was all very spontaneous,” Jay-Z says. “We just came to see some great friends over here at Z100 in my neighborhood and we knew they would like what they heard, because Rita is amazing. This is what radio is all about– feeling, emotion and discovering new music and artists and sharing it with a huge audience.”
The British singer bridges the pop, R&B, and soul genres with her mezzo-soprano voice. Last December, she released a single called “Hot Right Now” on YouTube, which has close to seven-million views.
She’s currently working on an album with several producers including Will.I.Am, Drake, and The-Dream. “Party and Bullshit” is her first single from that album.
Roc Nation’s artists also include Willow Smith, J. Cole, and Bridget Kelly.
Listen to “Party and Bullshit” above and watch some highlights from the surprise visit below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day