- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The shockwaves of big executive moves keep on rolling. Mike Easterlin, head of promotion at Roadrunner Records, has been named the new GM of Fueled by Ramen, a subsidiary of Atlantic Records.
Fueled by Ramen was started in 1996 by John Janick, who ran the label — and for the last three years was also co-president of Elektra Records — until his recent departure to take the job as president and chief operating officer of Interscope Geffen A&M.
VIDEO: Jimmy Iovine Produces Steve Nicks, Bruce Springsteen in Vintage Studio Footage
Joe Calitri, general manager of Fueled by Ramen and Janick’s right arm since 2006 left the company today (Oct. 5). Easterlin will continue to run promotion for Roadrunner Records, home to Nickelback and Slipknot, while running Fueled by Ramen.
Easterlin came to Roadrunner in 2007 when the label merged its promotion staff with Lava/Atlantic’s where he had worked as senior VP of promotion since 2005. Before that he worked as national director of pop promotion at Virgin Records and vp of pop promotion at Def Jam.
Fueled by Ramen’s current roster includes such bands as Fun., Panic! At the Disco, Gym Class Heroes and Paramore.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day