- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robbie Williams made his name as a member of 90s boy band Take That, so what does the singer think of today’s UK-born chart-toppers One Direction?
“They’re quite a power together in the same way the Spice Girls were,” says Williams in NOW Magazine. “The Spice Girls took over the world and won, and I think the One Direction boys have got a similar chemistry.”
Indeed, the X Factor-formed five-piece was the first British band to come in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with their debut album Up All Night back in March 2012. The previous highest entry was No. 6, achieved by the Spice Girls’ Spice in 1997.
As for 1D’s resident heartthrob Harry Styles, currently dating country star Taylor Swift, the 38-year-old stopped short of offering advice in the ladies’ department. Said Williams: “I don’t think Harry needs any tips from me. He’s a magnet, like I’ve never seen before. … He’s beguiling and so are One Direction.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day