- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Williams appeared on both weekends of Coachella this month as part of a Destiny’s Child reunion during Beyonce’s Saturday headlining sets.
As a solo artist, Williams has released four albums: 2002’s Heart to Yours, 2004’s Do You Know, 2008’s Unexpected and 2014’s Journey to Freedom. She also has distinguished herself on the stage, making her Broadway debut in the title role of Aida in 2003 and returning to the Great White Way in 2010 as Roxie Hart in Chicago (a role she also played on the West End). Williams also portrayed Shug Avery on The Color Purple‘s 2007 national tour, and her other theater credits include Fela! and play What My Husband Doesn’t Know.
Williams has guest hosted on The View, The Real, The Talk and The Meredith Vieira Show, and co-hosted the Oxygen reality series Fix My Choir. In 2015, she launched the home collection Believe by Michelle, which currently sells furniture and candles. She also serves as an ambassador for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day