- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Early Wednesday, March 11, Slipknot guitarist Mick Thomson and his brother Andrew Thomson were rushed to the hospital following a knife fight, police confirmed to Billboard.
The brothers both sustained serious injuries, with Mick even having a stab wound in the back of his head, but police say none of the injuries were life-threatening. The incident took place at Mick’s residence in Clive, Iowa. Both brothers appeared to be drunk when officers arrived, and they were transported to the hospital in separate ambulances.
Billboard‘s request for comment from the band was unanswered at press time.
The band is planning a major headlining tour called Summer’s Last Stand, kicking off July 24 in West Palm Beach, Fla., in addition to already announced spring dates starting April 25 in Fort Myers, Fla. Slipknot is currently on a break from the road after a string of international dates.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day