- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Those who watched last week’s episode of Saturday Night Live got an unexpected treat in the form of a 15-second, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ad by French dance duo Daft Punk. The brief trailer, featuring a sparkling Daft Punk logo and the pair’s famous robot masks, was soundtracked by a disco-tinged groove that appears to be new music.
Daft Punk, which recently announced its alliance with Columbia Records, has all but confirmed that they will have a new album in the spring, which is rumored to include collaborations with legendary disco producer Giorgio Moroder, producer/Chic co-founder Nile Rodgers and Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, among others.
The main musical moments from the Kevin Hart-hosted SNL came in the form of another funky pair, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who made their debut on the show, performing energetic versions of “Can’t Hold Us” and their chart-topping ode to ballin’ on a budget, “Thrift Shop.”
Watch the short Daft Punk ad and both Macklemore performances below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day