- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It ain’t nuthin‘ but a “.com” thang.
Rapper Snoop Dogg on Monday unveiled a new media company website devoted to — what else — marijuana.
“We’re providing the industry with something that’s void right now,” Snoop said. “We are the information hotline for cannabis. We are what’s missing.”
MerryJane.com co-founder and media entrepreneur Ted Chung said Merry Jane will feature news, videos, editorial content and original programming, including Deflowered, an interview series.
“There are few companies out there that have attempted to enter into the marketplace, and their download apps total and page views total are really numbers that we’re going to crush within the first six months,” Chung said. “I think the interest level and the demand is there, it’s just about someone coming to the forefront like Snoop, like our other partners — including actor Seth Rogen — and providing the site and media platform that can take cannabis to the next level.”
The site will officially launch in October. Until then, 420 users a day — of course — will be selected to test out the marijuana site’s beta version.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day