- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Solange has canceled the remainder of her summer European tour to focus on her forthcoming album, settle into a new city, and help her 8-year old son, Daniel, find a new school.
The singer released a statement trying to explain to fans that it’s been difficult balancing her personal life with what has been a tireless year. She’s made the bill on some of 2013’s biggest festivals.
“i am completely devastated to announce that I will be canceling my international festival dates for the Summer. I wish I could put in words how much of a difficult decision this was…but between moving part time to a new city, starting my son in a new school, and writing/ recording my new record…I really had to make the best decision for my mental/physical health and provide some stability for my family. I am so so sooooo sorry if Ive disappointed…… and really hope to make it out to those special cities soon enough!”
Solange is still set to perform her string of U.S. dates, which include this year’s Boston Calling, Made in America Festival, and a stadium gig with indie favorites, Vampire Weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day