- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“It is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012,” Queen posted on its official site according to BBC.
Festival organizers are expected to release an official statement on Thursday. Queen and Lambert are also scheduled to perform together at the festival’s Moscow stop on June 30.
Reports of Lambert and Queen’s on-stage reunion (they previously performed together at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards) were finally confirmed by the festival’s official bill followed by a tweet from the Idol alum on Feb. 20.
“As many suspected, I can finally confirm: I have been invited by Queen to sing one very special concert!” Lambert wrote. “Sorry to be coy about the details the past few weeks, but I made a promise to keep it under wraps as best I could. Gonna be a surreal night!”
Aside from Queen and Lambert’s performance, the festival’s bill also included Kiss — who has also performed with Lambert during the Idol Season 8 finale — Incubus, The Darkness and Evanescence.
Lambert’s highly anticipated second full-length album Trespassing is due out May 15.
Note: Moscow performances are still scheduled at this time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day