- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Life on the road can make a man forgetful. Take, for instance, former American Idol judge Steven Tyler, who mistook Oklahoma City for Wichita, Kan., in a radio interview this week with syndicated host Bobby Bones.
“Do you travel so much that you forget where you are at times?” Bones asked.
“Absolutely, absolutely,” the Aerosmith frontman said. “I was on the set the other night in … Wichita, Kansas. Just so happened ‘Idol’ was there.”
He then told the story of how he brought Idol judge Randy Jackson and host Ryan Seacrest onstage for a jam onstage — only the show in question was in Oklahoma City, not Wichita.
“Of course, I dragged them both out onstage, which was a hoot for me,” Tyler said. “That was my coup de gras. Getting them both out onstage in my world and not on the set of ‘Idol’ was a grand finale for me.”
Tyler then said he dropped by the set the next day in a disguise, just to see if he would be recognized.
“I jumped on the set and tried to fool them to see if they could figure out who I was,” he said.
Did he stump Seacrest? Tyler wouldn’t say, but he mentioned that the taped prank will air in January when the Fox singing competition returns.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day