- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Super Bowl is not throwing away its shot at showcasing the Schuyler Sisters.
The National Football League announced that Phillipa Soo, Renee Elise Goldsberry and Jasmine Cephas Jones — who originated the roles of Eliza, Angelica and Peggy Schuyler in Broadway’s hit musical Hamilton — will reunite to perform “America the Beautiful” during the televised pregame show.
Since their roles in Hamilton, the three actresses have moved on to other projects. Tony winner Goldsberry is featured in the upcoming Netflix series Altered Carbon and plays the titular role in the HBO film The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, alongside Oprah Winfrey and Rose Byrne. Soo will return to Broadway as the star of Amelie, opening this spring. Jones will appear in the horror flick Blood Surf, starring James Franco and Lorelei Linklater.
Previously, “America the Beautiful” has been performed by Alicia Keys, Faith Hill, Queen Latifah, Lea Michele, Jennifer Hudson and Ray Charles, among others.
The Super Bowl broadcasts live on Feb. 5 on Fox. Lady Gaga will headline the halftime show, and Luke Bryan will perform the national anthem.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day