- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to sources on the ground at Houston’s NRG Stadium, where the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons are battling for the title, Gaga was “very emotional” and “crying” as she walked off the stage following her 13-minute performance and “dove right into her sister’s arms.”
She was then escorted down an underground tunnel back to her dressing room, where she was greeted by ecstatic and screaming fans. According to an observer: “Even drunk guys in [football] jerseys were yelling, ‘Best one ever!'”
Soon after, the Germanotta clan reunited in the dressing room where “more hugs and tears” followed for the family of four — parents Cynthia and Joe, whom Gaga acknowledged from the stage, and sister Natali.
In spite of attendance by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, there was little talk of politics backstage. “It was all about the performance,” says a Billboard source.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day