- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Among the 28,000 who’ll descend on Austin, Texas this week for the South By Southwest music festival will be a handful of American Idol alums.
Winners Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze, from seasons eight and nine respectively, along with season five runner-up Blake Lewis and season 10 finalist Paul McDonald are all scheduled to play at the industry confab.
McDonald, who performs with his wife, Twilight star Nikki Reed (the two collaborated on the closing song to Breaking Dawn, Part 2), will appear at multiple showcases, while Lewis, whose new single “Your Touch” was just released, will play atop a double-decker bus.
See the Idols’ SXSW stops below:
Friday, March 15 – Vyclone double-decker bus parked at 1st St and Trinity (5 p.m.)
Paul McDonald and Nikki Reed
Friday, March 15 – BMI Acoustic Brunch at the Four Seasons, 98 San Jacinto Blvd (11 a.m., by invitation only)
Saturday, March 16 – St David’s Historic Sanctuary, 301 E 8th St (9 p.m.)
Thursday, March 14 – Palm Door, 401 Sabine St (9 p.m.)
Saturday, March 16 – Antone’s, 231 W 5th St (8 p.m.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day