- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pop superstar shared the news with a tweet to her 61.6 million followers.
The announcement sent “Wildest Dreams” to the top of the real time Billboard + Twitter Trending 140 chart.
Just wanted to let you know that the next single from 1989 will be……….. Wildest Dreams.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) August 5, 2015
The single follows her four previous singles from 1989 — all of which reached the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Shake It Off” (No. 1 for four weeks), “Blank Space” (No. 1 for seven weeks), “Style” (No. 6) and “Bad Blood” (No. 1). All four of those tunes also topped the Pop Songs airplay chart.
1989 has sold 5.1 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music and was 2014’s best selling album (with 3.7 million sold last year). It is also 2015’s best seller so far, with another 1.4 million moved this year.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day