- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Call It What You Want,” another new Taylor Swift song, is here. As promised, the Reputation track was released at midnight Friday (Nov. 3).
It has all the hallmarks of a classic TayTay ballad, loaded with imagery of love lost, bridges burned and an almighty comeback, all set to a subtle electronic soundbed.
“All my flowers grew back as thorns/Windows boarded back up after the storm/ He built a fire just to keep me warm/ All the drama queens taking swings,” Swift sings. She’s still shaking off the haters.
Swift teased the song on social media earlier in the day with a type-written note previewing another batch of its lyrics: “Holding my breath/ Slowly I said/ ‘You don’t need to save me … But would you run away with me?'” followed by “Yes.”
The song is the fourth preview listeners have gotten from the upcoming album, due Nov. 10. “Call It What You Want” follows the previously released “Look What You Made Me Do,” “…Ready for It?” and “Gorgeous.” Swift is set to premiere another tune with a live performance airing during ABC’s Scandal on Nov. 9.
Watch the lyric video for “Call It What You Want” below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day