- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After much anticipation, Taylor Swift has finally released her new album’s title track. The singer unleashed “Lover” at midnight Thursday night (Aug. 15) and also revealed that fans can expect the song’s music video to arrive next week.
The track is an old-school ballad with a booming snare, keys and a wholesome ’60s vibe. Swift opens the song, “We can leave the Christmas lights up ’til January. This is our place, we made the rules.”
Lover, Swift’s seventh studio album, will be released on Aug. 23. Swift will celebrate the release with a Town Hall special on SiriusXM — including stripped-down performances of some of its songs as well as a Q-and-A session — the same day as the release at 5 p.m. EST. The “Lover” music video will be released on Aug. 22 at 5 p.m. EST via YouTube Live.
In the meantime, listen to “Lover” and check out Swift’s message to fans about its release below.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) August 15, 2019
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day