- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Are you ready for it? You’d better be, because Taylor Swift just dropped the eye-popping official video for her Reputation release “…Ready For It”?
Fans of recent big-budget sci-fi movies Blade Runner, Ghost In the Shell and Lucy will notice the pretty unsubtle influences as Swift goes full replicant in the new futuristic music video, which dropped at midnight.
No expense is spared in the glossy promo, which is directed by frequent Swift collaborator Joseph Kahn.
Taylor lit up the Internet earlier this week when she teased snippets from the sci-fi clip, in which she appeared in a skin-tone thermo-optic suit — giving the illusion of actually being her birthday suit. Who needs threads when you’re a machine, right?
But before we get to that, TayTay strolls through a trashed-out future laneway en route to a filthy warehouse, where her doppelganger calls home. It’s a not-to-be-messed-with clone which borrows its style from Scarlett Johansson’s recent turn as Major in Shell.
“…Ready For It?” is the second track lifted from her sixth studio album Reputation, due for release Nov. 10.
Check out the clip below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day