- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A state trooper has been reprimanded for posing for a photo with Snoop Dogg at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, because the rapper has several convictions for drug possession.
Billy Spears was working at the March event when Snoop Dogg asked to take a picture. The artist posted the image to Instagram with the comment, “Me n my deputy dogg.”
Texas Department of Public Safety officials cited Spears for deficiencies that require counseling by a supervisor.
Spears’ attorney said the trooper didn’t know about the rapper’s criminal record. The citation isn’t a formal disciplinary action, so Spears can’t appeal.
Snoop Dogg also took a photograph with an Austin policewoman. A police department spokeswoman said officers may not associate with known criminals, but the photo didn’t constitute “inappropriate association.”
A photo posted by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now