- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third annual Society of Composers & Lyricists Awards, originally scheduled to take place Feb. 1, have been pushed back to March 8, 2022. The ceremony will still take place at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
The move came as a result of the alarming surge of COVID-19 cases, exacerbated by the omicron variant, in L.A. County over the last few weeks. As a result, the final voting period has been extended, beginning Monday, Jan. 17, until Friday, Feb. 25, with the polls closing at 5 p.m. PST.
“This will allow our many members, who have been impacted by the surge in Covid-19, additional time to review all the nominees’ excellent work,” said SCL President Ashley Irwin in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating our members’ outstanding work with you all. The official awards invitation follows next week.”
Nominees for the ceremony were announced on Jan. 4 with composers Nicholas Britell and Jonny Greenwood and songwriter Diane Warren among the multiple nominees.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day