- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tori Kelly has a major Billboard honor to her name, and a Grammy nomination. But’s she’s not too cool to sing for her supper.
James Corden took the emerging star for a random stroll through L.A. for a Late Late Show segment, using a novel approach to try score free food from restaurants.
“We are hungry,” Corden claims. “We’re really hungry, but we don’t have any money. We were wondering if we were to sing to you, would you give us free food? We’ll give you the gift of song.”
The pair launch a capella renditions of “My Girl,” “I Want You Back” and “War,” though the results were mixed.
Kelly, a Grammy nominee for Best New Artist and recipient of the Breakthrough honor at Billboard’s Women in Music event, brings it all home with a delicious performance of “Nobody Love.”
Watch the clip below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day