- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The band Toto is gearing up for a new album, its first studio effort in nearly a decade.
Toto XIV will be released in North America on March 24 and additional territories in the days before and after. The album will be available in multiple formats, including a deluxe CD/DVD package and a two-LP vinyl set. It is available for preorder now.
According to a statement announcing the release, XIV, the band’s first album of new material since 2006’s Falling In Between, is what Toto “personally considers … to be the true follow-up to TOTO IV, which made the band global superstars.”
Said keyboardist Steve Porcaro: “This is opposite of going through the motions. We are treating this like it is Toto V.“
The album also features the return of founding bassist David Hungate.
Toto, which has sold 35 million albums and saw massive hits in the 70s and 80s — among them “Africa,” “Hold the Line” and “Rosanna” — embarks on an extensive European tour in the Spring which will include headlining arena dates and appearances at festivals. A North American trek follows in summer 2015.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day