- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A legend of the comedy world will salute an icon of the music realm this fall when Tracy Morgan presents Smokey Robinson with the “Rocker of the Year” honor at the eighth annual Little Kids Rock benefit on Oct. 5 in Manhattan.
For Morgan, Robinson’s music goes back to the very beginning. The Saturday Night Live/30 Rock alum once informed reporters that his mother told him he was conceived while a Smokey Robinson song played on the radio.
Another veteran comedian, Tom Papa, will emcee the benefit/concert/auction. All the proceeds from the evening help Little Kids Rock bring instruments and free lessons to more than 250,000 disadvantaged public school kids in 30 cities.
Last year’s benefit — which featured performances from Rocker of the Year Steve Miller, Graham Nash, Paul Shaffer, Jake Clemons, Pentatonix’s Kirstin Maldonado (duetting with kids’ a cappella group Sharkapella) and special guest David Letterman — helped raise more than $1 million for underfunded public school kids.
Limited tables and individual tickets are available at various sponsorship levels. Reserve your seats here or call 973-746-8248.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day