- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chicago officials say rapper Travi$ Scott is facing disorderly conduct charges after encouraging fans to jump over security barricades during his performance at Lollapalooza.
The rapper, whose real name is Jacques Webster, was arrested Saturday on the second day of the three-day music festival in downtown Chicago. An email sent to his booking agent seeking comment wasn’t immediately returned.
Office of Emergency Management spokeswoman Melissa Stratton says Scott performed one song, then began telling fans to come over the barricades. She says Scott fled the scene but was taken into custody a short time later.
She says the situation was quickly handled and no fans were injured. She says Scott will be charged with disorderly conduct.
A message left for Chicago police seeking additional information wasn’t returned Saturday night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day