- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Music lovers President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are joining BET Networks to present a star-studded musical celebration at the White House on Friday. The lineup — encompassing R&B, hip-hop and gospel — includes Usher, Jill Scott, Common, The Roots, Bell Biv DeVoe, Busta Rhymes, Janelle Monae, De La Soul, Yolanda Adams, Michelle Williams and KiKi Sheard.
Actors Samuel L. Jackson, Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy) and Angela Bassett will make appearances at the musical celebration, hosted by television personality Terence J and actress Regina Hall. BET will premiere the concert special on Nov. 15 at 9 p.m. ET.
In a statement Thursday announcing the concert, BET Networks chairman/CEO Debra Lee said, “Our country has been led for the past eight years by an extraordinary President and First Lady. We have all witnessed history in the making and I am humbled by this momentous opportunity for BET Networks to join the Obamas for this musical celebration.”
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day