- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The NBA playoffs are heating up with just eight teams still in contention for the championship as the second round rolls on. On Thursday (May 8), the National Basketball Association will unveil a new TV advertisement featuring Coldplay’s latest Hot 100 hit, “A Sky Full of Stars.”
VIDEO: Coldplay Hits New York City’s Beacon Theatre for ‘Intimate’ Show
The 30-second clip includes amazing round-one moments like Kevin Durant‘s fallaway four-point play against the Memphis Grizzlies, Brooklyn Nets star Paul Pierce‘s series-clinching block and, of course, Portland guard Damian Lillard‘s insta-classic series-winning three-point buzzer-beater.
The tagline? “Watch What Happens Next.” Watch below for a 30-second preview clip.
“A Sky Full of Stars” is the second single from Coldplay’s sixth studio album, Ghost Stories, due out on May 19. The track debuts on this week’s Hot 100 chart at No. 24, and was performed on last week’s episode of Saturday Night Live by Chris Martin and co.
STORY: Will the NBA Owners Really Force Donald Sterling to Sell L.A. Clippers?
The NBA playoff action continues on Thursday night when the Brooklyn Nets take on the Miami Heat at 4 p.m. PST and the Portland Trail Blazers play the San Antonio Spurs at 6.30 p.m. PST.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day