- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The video for the title track from Lana Del Rey’s Interscope/Polydor UK album, Ultraviolence, debuted Wednesday on the website Noisey.
PHOTOS Mick Jagger Goes Hollywood
In the arty clip, which recalls some of the musician’s past videos, Del Rey makes like she’s getting married in the woods behind a veil while carrying an orchard. Directed by reported current boyfriend, photographer Francesco Carrozzini, the scratchy, textured video finds Del Rey sucking on his finger, sensuously peeling an orange, approaching the altar in an abandoned church to the song’s infamous quote of the Crystals’ song, “He hit me and it felt like a kiss.…”
The video is the third from the album, following “West Coast” (20+ million views) and “Shades of Cool” (89+ million views).
Ultraviolence has sold almost 300,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and this week sits at No. 16 on the Billboard Top 200.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day