- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Some high notes can really take flight — and collect millions of views.
A video of The Lion King Australian cast went viral on Tuesday, as they spontaneously performed “Circle of Life” while seated on a plane to Sydney. The production’s YouTube channel noted that they were particularly jubilant after the Brisbane season launch announcement, and their harmonious celebration has collected 2.8 million views after just a day online.
Thankfully, a flight attendant offered to take over the filming of the number, offering the most bird’s-eye view from a plane aisle possible.
Last year, The Lion King became the first show ever to reach $1 billion in cumulative gross. The production, adapting the Disney animated film for the Great White Way as well as international stages, enjoyed its first preview performance on Oct. 15, 1997.
Watch the video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day