- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lorde and Disclosure paired up for a performance at the BRIT Awards on Wednesday, presenting an enticingly upbeat new version of the New Zealander’s breakout hit “Royals” before segueing into the U.K. electronic duo’s single “White Noise.”
Standing in front of a giant illustration of her face (obscured, of course, by Disclosure’s trademark white lines), Lorde grooved along to the percolating hi-hats, woozy synthesizers and stuttering rhythms newly bestowed on her No. 1 smash. Soon, the 17-year-old was standing face-to-face with AlunaGeorge’s Aluna Francis, who made a surprise appearance and grinned through a straightforward take on “White Noise,” from Disclosure’s debut album, Settle.
Lorde took home the award for best international female at the BRIT Awards, held on Wednesday night at London’s O2 Arena, while Disclosure’s Settle is up for Mastercard British album of the year. Disclosure was nominated for four total awards at the ceremony, as was “Pompeii” group Bastille.
Last month, Lorde earned the song of the year award at the Grammys for “Royals,” which spent nine weeks atop the Hot 100 chart. “Team,” her follow-up single, clocks in at No. 9 on this week’s tally.
Watch Lorde and Disclosure’s full performance below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day