- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it comes to the music business, Steve Rennie knows what he’s talking about.
The former Epic Records svp/gm, Avalon Attractions svp and Incubus manager has been conducting his series of Renman Live webcasts for two years now on his www.renmanmb.com site, interviewing some of the major movers in the music industry and streaming them from the office in his Coldwater Canyon home.
PHOTOS The Scene at Coachella 2014
Over the past two years, Rennie’s guests have included everyone from Imagine Dragons producer Alex Da Kid and C3 Presents concert promoter Charles Attal to manager Jim Guerinot, producer Brendan O’Brien, Beats Music’s’ Ian Rogers and Coachella founder Paul Tollett.
Rennie kicks off his expanded, one-day live seminar, “Dream It, Do It: Breaking Into the Music Industry,” today from 9 a.m. (PT) to 4 p.m. (PT), from the education portal Creativelive.com’s Music & Audio channel in their Seattle studios.
Rennie’s workshop includes tips on achieving success in the business, what it takes to get your foot in the door and where to go from there. You have to appreciate someone who titles one of his “Big Picture” chapters, “F**k the Gatekeepers.”
Join the seminar as it’s happening right now:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day