- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First, the X Factor-created girl group — composed of Ally Brooke, Normani Hamilton, Lauren Jauregui, Camila Cabello and Dinah Jane Hansen, dressed in black-and-white outfits — stomped all over the outdoor stage, red carpet and fan bleachers for “BO$$,” their Michelle Obama– and Oprah Winfrey-hailing single off their Reflection album.
Then, the hook master of Icona Pop’s “I Love It” and Iggy Azalea‘s “Fancy” got fans in rhythm with “Boom Clap,” her contribution to the Fault in Our Stars soundtrack and also the lead single off her third studio album, Sucker. She wore a feather-trimmed mesh ensemble, changing very quickly out of her animal-print jumpsuit in which she had hit the carpet just minutes earlier.
The two acts are up for the MTV Artist to Watch award, alongside 5 Seconds of Summer’s “She Looks So Perfect,” Sam Smith‘s “Stay With Me” and Schoolboy Q‘s “Man of the Year.”
Beyonce, also the recipient of the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, leads this year’s pack with eight nominations, including video of the year and best female video.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day