- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The quartet — Billboard cover stars Calum Hood, Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin — were nominated for two Moonmen: best lyric video (“Don’t Stop”), which they won, and MTV artist to watch (“She Looks So Perfect”).
The band’s self-titled debut album launched at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in July, selling more than 250,000 copies its first week in the U.S. to become the third-largest bow of the year. The One Direction-approved group already is eyeing a new album for 2015.
The VMAs performance lineup also includes Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, Jessie J and Sam Smith. Miley Cyrus (who made headlines for last year’s raunchy VMA performance), Gwen Stefani, Kim Kardashian, Demi Lovato, Lorde and Orange Is the New Black stars are among the presenters.
Beyonce, also the recipient of the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, leads this year’s pack with eight nominations, including video of the year and best female video.
Watch 5 Seconds of Summer’s full performance below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day