- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Kanye West will be the latest recipient of the Video Vanguard Award at the MTV Video Music Awards, which will take place on Sunday night. MTV announced the special achievement award on Tuesday.
.@KanyeWest will receive the Video Vanguard Award at the 2015 #VMAs this Sunday at 9/8c! https://t.co/Th9yu9QDHR
— MTV (@MTV) August 25, 2015
West has not been confirmed as a performer at the ceremony, which will be held at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, although an extended medley has become the norm for Video Vanguard recipients. Justin Timberlake reunited *N SYNC during a 15-minute performance in 2013, while Beyonce showcased several songs from her self-titled album last year.
West has been nominated for the video of the year VMA three times with zero wins. He last performed at the VMAS in 2013, when he played “Blood on the Leaves” from Yeezus.
Miley Cyrus will host the 2015 Video Music Awards, and the Weeknd is confirmed to be performing “Can’t Feel My Face.” Nick Jonas and Walk The Moon will play the VMAs pre-show, and Taylor Swift will unveil the “Wildest Dreams” music video prior to the awards telecast.
This article originally appeared on billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day