- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ladies of Fifth Harmony brought one of the strongest and most compelling performances to the VMAs, complete with a freefall, rainfall and an in-sync mic drop.
The four started — with an anonymous fifth member — by standing atop a plexiglass box wearing matching silver puffer jackets. But then, one member subtly fell back leaving the four remaining members of Fifth Harmony standing tall. (Camila Cabello exited the group unamicably in December.)
After warming up with “Angel” off their recently released self-titled album, they suddenly all fell backwards, too, only to suddenly reappear (without the bulky coats, to reveal form fitting glittery bodysuits) within the plexiglass.
From there, they went into their latest hit, “Down,” which saw Gucci Mane deliver his verse while donning a Gucci suit. After a dance breakdown and some drop-to-your-knees twerking from the four, they then huddled up as a contained rainfall left them soaked.
And as if that wasn’t a big enough ending, the four then simultaneously dropped their mics — proving they’ve never been more confident and assured than right now.
Watch the performance above.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day