- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Atlanta rapper Waka Flocka Flame has canceled his upcoming event with the University of Oklahoma’s Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity in the wake of this weekend’s racist video leak.
The rapper posted a statement on his Instagram in response to the leaked SAE video.
“When I first started doing shows it was all hood spots and all black people. Then I had mainstream success and did some EDM and it was all white people at my shows for a while. Now it’s white, black and brown people at my shows. All races partying having a goood time and enjoying themselves together peacefully. That’s what Waka Flocka is all about. For that reason I must say I’m disgusted and disappointed in the actions of the SAE fraternity at University of Oklahoma and I will be canceling my scheduled performance for them next month. Racism is something I will not tolerate. -WFF”
A video has surfaced of alleged SAE fraternity members on a bus, singing “You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me/There will never be a n—er in SAE.”
Waka reportedly performed for the SAE chapter less than a year ago. A video posted on YouTube shows him partying and shotgunning beers with the fraternity brothers in 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day