- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The commercial, which began airing in the entire Second District in both the Raleigh and Greensboro markets, takes Ellmers to task on a litany of issues, including voting against a payroll tax cut, her late submission of an amendment to save Fort Bragg’s 440th Airlift Wing and her remark of needing her paycheck after she voted to shut down the government.
“’I’m Clay Aiken. And we all hope people go to Congress with good intentions,” said the Season Two runner-up in the spot. “But after Renee Ellmers got there, she voted against the payroll tax cut because she thought $1,000 out of your pocket is not that much money.”
“We deserve better,” he concluded.
The 35-year-old political hopeful faced Ellmers, who is seeking a third term, in a debate earlier this month, when he quipped that “the most embarrassing reality show right now in the country is Congress.”
Voters go to the polls on Nov. 4.
Watch Aiken’s spot below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day