- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elton John rang in his 70th birthday with a little help from his friends.
At a Los Angeles gala Saturday celebrating John’s big day — as well as 50 years of writing with Bernie Taupin — stars including Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Ryan Adams and Rosanne Cash performed, People reports.
Lady Gaga and Wonder partnered on a “Happy Birthday” duet in honor of John, and Gaga also performed “Born This Way” and “Bad Romance” on piano. Adams paid tribute to John with a cover of “Rocket Man,” according to Rolling Stone.
Katy Perry, Jon Hamm, James Corden and Neil Patrick Harris were among other guests spotted at the bash, while famous pals who couldn’t be there in person — Bono, Prince Harry, Ellen DeGeneres and David Beckham — recorded videos wishing John a happy birthday. Rob Lowe hosted the event, which benefited the Elton John AIDS Foundation and UCLA’s Hammer Museum.
Watch Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder’s performance clips below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day