- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Macklemore and his fiancee, Tricia Davis, are going to be parents!
The 31-year-old rapper, whose real name is Ben Haggerty, confirmed the pregnancy through Twitter on Saturday (Jan. 3) by tweeting a link to an emotional video of the couple discovering the wonderful news during an ultrasound visit.
“Today the media speculated about some big news in our life. So we decided to share it with you ourselves. Love, Ben and Tricia,” reads a caption that opens the minute-long clip.
The new baby is expected to arrive in “May 2015,” according to the video.
We wanted to share the news with you ourselves…Love Ben & Tricia http://t.co/ibrQ3Vlq3i
— Macklemore (@macklemore) January 3, 2015
The coming year will also find Macklemore & Ryan Lewis releasing a new album. On Thursday (Jan. 1), a fan posted on Twitter, “It’s 2015 and I still don’t have a new @macklemore album wtf.” The rapper spotted the loving complaint and replied, “You will this year. Believe that”.
A source later confirmed to Billboard that there will indeed be a new Macklemore album in 2015, most likely in the second half of the year. Details of a lead single and release date are currently under wraps.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day