- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
One day after the announcement of her sudden death, the autopsy of Whitney Houston has been completed.
However, the results will be deferred pending a toxicology report, TMZ reports.
Officially, a coroner’s spokesperson said the results are on a security hold.
PHOTOS: Iconic Singer Whitney Houston’s Life and Career in Pictures
Houston was pronounced dead at the Beverly Hilton on Saturday.
Police officials said they received a call at 3:23 p.m. Saturday saying that someone was unconscious at the Hilton. Emergency crews summoned to the scene tried to resuscitate the singer in her room on the fourth floor. Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. She was 48.
FULL COVERAGE: Whitney Houston
Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen said that there were “no obvious signs of criminal intent” and that the cause of death was being investigated.
The R&B singer and six-time Grammy winner was due to make an appearance at Clive Davis’s Grammy eve gala on Saturday night at the Hilton. She was spotted in the hotel on Thursday morning, when she was overheard chastising an assistant.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Notable Deaths of 2012
Houston’s daughter with ex-husband Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina, was also taken to the hospital Sunday.
Police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Brown was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center around 10:28 a.m. Sunday. The reason for the emergency trip to the hospital was unknown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day